Wednesday, September 7, 2022

peaceful


I want everything to be peaceful
because that's not the way I am inside
and my emotions still control me
and there's no way to run and hide
I am shaking, I am trembling
like a junkie without a fix
I have tried and I am telling you
there is no way out of this

I want everything to be normal
not at all the way life has been
I want to predict everything that happens
before it happens again
I don't want choices, I just want to know
that everything will be okay
I will do anything you ask
if you just show me the way

          I have lived my whole life in fear
          that all I am will disappear

I want everything to be boring
because change gives me anxiety
I want to control my daily thoughts
the voices that are inside of me
I've heard no two days are the same
I'd like to challenge that theory
by doing the same thing day after day
there'd be no cause to worry

I want everything to be peaceful
with no chance of conflict or grief
just one day after another
corresponding to my own beliefs
keep me away from life's surprises
I know you can show me how
I want everything to be peaceful
not the way it is right now

 

No comments:

Post a Comment