Friday, September 23, 2022

the best we can do


I wake up every morning
on the wrong side of bed
worrying and moaning
about the day ahead
exactly what will happen
is anybody's guess
all I know is I will do
whatever I think is best

it's a tough road to travel
these lives that we lead
sometimes inspiration
is all that we need
and if we're not inspired
and we don't understand
we'll just have to fake it
as well as we can

          give me a reason
          to follow it through
          all we can accomplish
          is the best we can do

look at tomorrow
hope for the good
for whatever can happen
in my neighborhood
Lord knows I've been trying
the hardest I try
I just want some living
before I die

          tell me my secrets
          I'm asking of you
          all we can accomplish
          is the best we can do


No comments:

Post a Comment