Monday, September 26, 2022

science of love (rewrite 1)


I'm not as stupid
as you think I might be
I read the New York Times
I watch Jeopardy!
but there's a theory
I know nothing of
so I'm learning about
the science of love

the science of love
is a story so true
but you can't believe it
till it happens to you
it can paralyze you
if your spirit's not tough
you must be careful
with the science of love

          the science of love
          will test your heart
          it can break down and cry
          it can tear you apart
          but when it goes right
          it won't call your bluff
          if you open yourself
          to the science of love

the science of love
involves all you see
the emotions inside
of you and in me
it carries us through
when the going gets rough
with the thought of the promise
of the science of love

           the science of love
           is the secret of giving
           it gives you a purpose
           to the life that you're living
           shining like diamonds
           in the sky up above
           you get all you need
           in the science of love

the science of love
can make you blue
but that's not all
that science can do
it can fill up your heart
with just enough
hope for tomorrow
it's the science of love


No comments:

Post a Comment