Thursday, March 16, 2023

for a friend


I have always been nice
and it's nice I will remain
peace, calm and quiet
and not one bit ashamed
you have been my best friend
since we were knee high
now you say you don't need me
and I'm left to wonder why

who are you to tell me
you don't like me anymore
after all we've done together
now we're in a civil war
I'll make you accept me
even if you come to harm
if you think you don't want me
I'm sounding the alarm

you say you didn't mean to hurt me
I don't believe that's true
what would be the reason
for this hate inside of you
if you don't like me
you won't be safe and sound
I will always be your friend
I will always be around

I have always been nice
and it's nice that I will be
but I need to find you here
in everything I see
you have been my best friend
and you will always be
the proof of love and friendship
I feel inside of me


No comments:

Post a Comment