Monday, March 20, 2023

sacred ghost


I dreamed I saw the sacred ghost
was telling me what was to come
different from my plans and dreams
different from where I came from
I tried so hard not to listen
but some words still came through
I raised my fist and softly stammered
"you can't tell me what to do"

the sacred ghost answered back
"this is what it's going to be
a fight between the hidden hopes
a fight that burns inside of me"
and I pretended not to hear
I went on my own way
I thought "I don't need that trouble
assaulting me today"

I don't want to know the future
I am ignoring all my past
I am living in the present
hoping my problems will not last
but the sacred ghost keeps on talking
directly inside my middle ear
"you can't stop the pain I'm causing
I will always be right here"

I'm fighting back, I'm fighting mean
like I was taught to do
the musings of the sacred ghost
for me will not come true
its words are cold and empty now
the ghost has gone away
and left me with its nervous thought
to start another day


No comments:

Post a Comment