Sunday, March 19, 2023

I used to have dreams


I used to have dreams
back when I was younger
and I had hunger
for exciting days to come
I always imagined
I would soon be healing
and it would be revealing
as I reached the setting sun

someday way back then
imagination grew wild
I was learning like a child
all the lessons I would need
I wandered through the city
meeting all the strangers
never fearing any danger
in the path I believed

          where I am going
          I do not know
          it's like pulling up roots
          in order to grow

and so on my way
to growing quite old
the stories were told
of what was to be
I sat in silence
waiting for something to happen
I was the captain
alone on the sea

          where I am going
          I cannot say
          but everyone better
          get out of the way

I used to have dreams
when I was younger
now I sit and wonder
where I will go
I don't know the future
but I see it coming
I hear distant drumming
soon I will know


No comments:

Post a Comment