Friday, March 31, 2023

people's photographs


I look at other people's photographs
and wish that I could be like them
with friends with whom you just might share a laugh
and see the spark within
picnics and parties
coke and Bacardi
no one's a stranger in the room
new friends and old
stories to be told
promises you'll be returning soon

I am amazed at people's photographs
because they're always having fun
laughter existing for its own behalf
sun shining bright on everyone
none of that arguing
conflict scarring everything
friendships broken and betrayed
I'm shy as I can be
there is no guarantee
that I won't be afraid

maybe I'll be in a photograph
like all those happy people are
it will be written on my epitaph
I spent my life just wishing on a star
will you invite me?
chances are, it might be
scary but I'll still take the risk
and if you have a camera
you'll take a panorama
to prove to others I exist

I want to be in people's photographs
drink in my hand and smile on my face
but I'll go down a forgotten path
to be strong another day


No comments:

Post a Comment