Saturday, July 15, 2023

I will never find my true home (rewrite 1)

 

I was born in the state of confusion/ I was raised in a state of grace/ I've searched the wide world over/ but I still don't know my place/ it doesn't  matter where I wander/ makes no difference if I roam/ I will always look over yonder/ I will never find my true home

I will never find my true home...

all my life I've been so lonesome/ the one who never fits in/ I stand away from the crowd/ uncomfortable in my own skin/ every place I ever go/ I'm always on my own/ just another stranger/ I will never find my true home

I will never find my true home...

maybe tomorrow/ I'll find someone to trust/ but my words are all uneven/ stranded in the dust/ soon I'll head out somewhere/ where my sins are all unknown/ I know one thing for certain/ I will never find my true home/ I will never find my true home

I will never find my new home... 


No comments:

Post a Comment