Saturday, July 22, 2023

job application


will you pay me under the table?
I don't want any money withheld
I don't want anybody involved
and I can take care of myself
I'm best at the job I am doing
there's no competition for me
I am the greatest asset
you could have for your company

I started out a poor kid
from the backwoods of Kentucky state
but I had the talents needed
to become somebody great
and that's why I'm here at your doorstep
waiting for my future to call
I know I will be the chosen one
the best applicant of them all

I don't think I need to convince you
I've got my hand on the knob
of the drawer containing my tomorrows
you know I'm the one for this job
you can search the whole town over
you can question what needs to be seen
you can read all of the applications
but you'll never find another like me

so go ahead and hire me
I've got no plans and I can start today
you will be my place of employment
there's not much anybody can say
if you want, I can start tomorrow
or any day, it all will be fine
I will be your best employee
you made the right choice this time


No comments:

Post a Comment