Saturday, July 8, 2023

new town


I am in a new town/ with new sights all around me/ new people surround me/ I don't know who I am/ in a village full of strangers/ is it safe or is there danger/ all these new experiences/ I don't quite understand

I am in a new place/ my eyes have never seen/ I am an old machine/ and I am breaking down/ but still I stare in wonder/ at the newness that I see/ sunshine pouring over me/ I am in a new town

walk around/ listen to the sounds/ let them ring inside my brain/ take a walk/ listen to locals talk/ nothing here is the same/ I don't know anyone's name

I am in a new town/ I will not be here long/ back where I belong/ is where I will go/ but for now I am here/ where the sky is so clear/ I am in a new town/ somewhere I should know


No comments:

Post a Comment