Wednesday, July 26, 2023

I'm out of surgery


I'm out of surgery
the drugs have worn off
I'm all sewn back up
and been through enough
and now it's time to take it easy
to rest the whole day through
and so I made some plans
this is what I'm gonna do:

I'm gonna break out the cheetos
turn on the TV'
let mindless living
make its mark on me
maybe take a big long nap
and have a snack or two
when I'm out of surgery
that's what I'm gonna do

I've got the guacamole
I've got tortilla chips
for the love of all that's holy
don't forget the onion dip
and don't dismiss the cannabis
and it's probably not wise to drink
when you're out of surgery
you throw in the kitchen sink

and so I'm out of surgery
I woke up after all
now it's time to relax
I'm still the same old Paul
the doctor, she done fixed me up
and I am good as new
now that I'm out of surgery
I know what I'm gonna do


No comments:

Post a Comment