Thursday, November 8, 2012

But wait! There's more!


Man. Let me tell you, this living thing is pretty fuckin' strange sometimes. I have the next four days off, I just spent the evening at the coffeehouse where I played and listened and saw friends. In spite of all that, I'm sad and downhearted, and I...well, I need not to fuckin' think so fuckin' much.

You know, it's the money thing and I'm gonna have to start selling things if there's not some kind of change soon. And it's me who's gotta make whatever change it is, but, fuck, I'd be grateful if the world would quit wanting more and more from me, financially.

But wait! There's more! So tonight at the coffeehouse is Joni Mitchell tribute night. And, um, I've having problems writing and now I'm comparing myself to Joni Mitchell. Joni Mitchell is a fuckin' genius, she's a true innovator, you know, man?

I think I know where this is going, farmboy.

Yeah, I know, I'm predictable. And there's one thing I know: You get nowhere comparing yourself with other people. Which, of course, is something I do constantly.

Anyway, really, what I probably need is a good night's sleep and faith that things happen for the better. Like the presidential election.

farmboy, you know everything is going to work out, don't you?

Yeah. But I don't know how.

That's the exciting part.

That's what I've been placing my bets on, man.



No comments:

Post a Comment