Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sure road to starvation


I'm sad.

Why, farmboy?

I'm sad because the night is almost over and there's so much I need to do. I'm sad because everything in the news is so fuckin' awful, man. I just read an article about this guy who just slit his throat in the fuckin' courtroom. I'm sad because there are so many people doing unspeakable things to kids. I'm sad because the world is fucked up because some people feel like they never have enough money and they'll do fuckin' anything to get more.

And what can we do about it? Do you have any solutions?

Fuck, man, I don't know. I guess you just live your life according to your own standards but sometimes it's like that's a sure road to starvation. 

What kind of standards are you speaking of, farmboy?

You know, like you're just fuckin' aware that other people fuckin' exist in this world and you act accordingly. It's like, just be fuckin' nice to each other, you know? I mean,  it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out these things.

Agreed. But what can you do about it tonight?

Not a damn thing. I guess you just take care of yourself so you can wake up tomorrow and continue fighting the good fight. And I guess that means finding ways to make the world better. And that would change from day to day. Some days it means that you're just fuckin' decent to each other. Some days you give something to people who are in need. And I'm not talking about material items or money all the time either.

Sometimes those things help, though.

I know, man. And if you can give in that way, you should. There's a lot of ways to give. There's a lot of things you can do.

So have I solved all the world's problems yet?

You're on your way to discovering what you can do in your own life. And that's a good thing, farmboy.

I just want to do my best to make sure I'm not one of those people, you know?


No comments:

Post a Comment