Thursday, July 25, 2013

More of a songwriting life


All this stuff, man. It's the same old fuckin' same old, you know? Money problems, that kind of thing, and the usual frustrations. I'm so tired of thinking about me and all my problems.

I wanna be back at songwriting camp.

I bet. Songwriting camp sounds pretty ideal, I must say.

Oh, man, I can hardly believe I was there. But, you know, if I close my eyes and think about it, I'm still there. Which I am extremely grateful for.

I gotta figure out how to make my life into more of a songwriting life. I mean, I already do certain things...

Like what, farmboy?

I write. I write a good deal. I write every day, even though some of the writing isn't songwriting.

It's still writing, farmboy. You're making choices, you're making decisions.

That's true. Just writing in itself is a good thing.

I think I need to be around nature more, and around other songwriters.

You can do that, you know. You're the only one stopping you.

I know, man. That's the hard part.


No comments:

Post a Comment