Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Other beings of my species


Man, there's just been all this stuff. I unconsciously made this decision -- I may have told you, I don't remember -- anyway, I made this decision to say yes to things, to have contact with other beings of my species this summer. 

So I've been out to a pickin' party and a 4th of July party and I hung out with my old banjo teacher who was visiting from Austin, Texas.He's a good guy and we played music and talked a bunch. He's such a fine musician, Eddie is.

That all sounds good, farmboy. So what's the problem?

I don't really have a problem, per se. Is that French?

Is what French?

Per se.

I don't know. 

We should Wikipedia it.

Is Wikipedia a verb now?

Sure it is! It's an action verb. You can look it up on Wikipedia, if you want.

So what's going on with this new social leaf that you've turned?

I'm just trying to go to this camp for songwriters. And I'm trying to go to California. And money is a problem and I'm trying to exercise and feel better and eat healthier...

It sounds like you might be trying to do too much, farmboy.

Yeah, yeah, I know. It's just that I don't want to fuckin' isolate myself anymore. I learned that the first week of summer break, man.

Just take everything at your own speed as much as you can, and try not to get overwhelmed.

That's the word for it, man. Overwhelmed. That's what I've been. Thanks.

For what, farmboy?

For naming it. It's always good to be able to identify your situation, you know?


No comments:

Post a Comment