Thursday, August 7, 2014

"How are you going to be a writer if you're not writing?"


I'm so…not tired, that's not the word for it. I haven't done my writing today and I don't feel like writing. At all. I mean, I have to write. That's part of the deal.

What deal is that? This is news to me, farmboy.

Just kind of a deal I think I might have with myself, that maybe I can forgive myself and my loathsome ways if I write everyday. It's kinda like I'm my own parental figure here: "How are you going to be a writer if you're not writing?"

That's interesting. I'm not sure that it's a bad thing, but I also know that you don't need another source of shame.

Yeah, I know what you mean, man. I'm in total agreement there.

But, you know, the fact is that I want to be the best fuckin' songwriter I can. And I'll only achieve that by, well, writing.

So go write something. You know you're going to.

I know. I'm  just prolonging the misery. I'm just being lazy.

Wow, look at the time! I gotta get going, man.

Where are you going?

I don't know, but I'm sure it involves writing.


No comments:

Post a Comment