Friday, August 8, 2014

worried 'bout


worried 'bout money
worried 'bout the rent
worried 'bout my paycheck
and where the hell it went
worried 'bout the groceries
worried 'bout my truck
worried 'bout my lack of faith
worried 'bout all my bad luck
worried 'bout the future
worried 'bout my history
worried 'bout the chicken
cooking on a hot rotisserie
worried 'bout the cupboards
worried 'bout the floor
and if you're still listening
I'll tell you even more
I'm worried 'bout celebrities
worried 'bout TV
worried 'bout all those computer
screens in front of me
worried 'bout every person
in my life that I've befriended
worried 'bout what I'll watch
now that Breaking Bad has ended
worried 'bout the summer
worried 'bout the fall
worried 'bout everything
and knowing that's not all
I'm worrying my life away
I guess I always will
it's a good thing that I'm taking
these magic little pills
so I don't have to worry 'bout
the voices in my head
the only thing to worry 'bout
is going back to bed


No comments:

Post a Comment