Monday, September 8, 2014

I'd make a lousy celebrity


I'm so fuckin' tired. I'm sorry, I know that's all I talk about these days.

Well, farmboy, school has begun. You got used to having your freedom and living life as a musician…

Which is the way it should be, by the way.

…living life as a musician for two months. And, yes, that's the way you should be living your life.

Yeah. Fuckin' sucks, but I don't know what else to do about it. I wish I knew somebody I could call and say "So, this making-a-living-as-a-musician thing, how the fuck do you do it? I mean, I need specifics here. I know it takes a lot of hard work and sacrifice. I need to know how you book gigs, how to you get people to listen to your music. And, also, how do you do all this without getting all ego-ed out. I hate the self-centeredness of being in music sometimes. I want to say It's not about me, it's about the songs.

It's like the day after the CD release concert. It was such a fuckin' relief to not have to have the attention on me. I mean, one night of it…

I'd make a lousy celebrity.

I'm not sure we need any more celebrities, farmboy.

That's a good thing, 'cause I sure ain't going after that job, let me tell you. Ain't nobody offering it to me, either.


No comments:

Post a Comment