Monday, September 29, 2014

You recognize the story when you see it


So here's a song idea, and it's from true life, too. I have noticed that when I get up in the morning, I think about how I can't wait to get home from work so I can go back to bed and fall asleep.

That's…that's actually kind of sad, farmboy.

You don't think it's funny?

I guess it is. It's just that I would hope you have a better life than that.

Oh, I do. But I can see why you would think that it's sad. But, you know, there's a lot in this world that's sad, you know? And I think that this would also qualify as a source of conflict, which any good story needs.

I hope you explore it, then. Especially since it's been going on now. 

And why is that?

Oh, I just mean that you can look at those feelings with a sense of direction and you're a witness to them currently. I'm not sure what I'm trying to say, farmboy, but I hope you get the gist.

I think I do. I should pay attention when I start thinking like that, and then use it for writing.

Exactly!

Sheesh! I could have told you that, man. I do that with fuckin' everything, man. That's part of writing songs. You're like a newspaper reporter in that way. You recognize the story when you see it.

I'm looking forward to hearing this song.

Me too, man. Maybe I'll learn something about myself, you know?


No comments:

Post a Comment