Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Once in a while, I actually enjoy it


How's the writing going, farmboy?

It's been going really well lately, thanks for asking. It's been going well for a long time, actually. This writing every day stuff that I've been doing for a while now has really helped. I mean, sometimes it's really fuckin' hard, you know? But what's cool is that something eventually comes. And a lot of times the writing feels like it's coming out naturally; it doesn't seem forced. And, every once in a while, I actually enjoy it.

I knew that this writing discipline would help.

Yeah, it's fuckin' amazing. I like a lot of the stuff that I've written lately. I don't know exactly where most of it is going, but that's okay. I have stuff I can work with and that's a good start.

I really, really want to be a good writer, more than just about anything. And, of course, by "good writer," I mean good songwriter. That's where I want to do my work. Maybe an occasional piece of fiction, maybe some journalism, but my first love is and always will be writing songs.

I think you're safely on your way, farmboy.

I think so too. At last that's what it feels like.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment