Monday, February 16, 2015

I know and I have and I still do


How did it go last night, farmboy?

Oh, man, it was so fuckin' great. I played the song and it went over well and I hung out with friends and got hugged a lot. Still…

Did something happen?

No, not really. I think it hit me that Richard's not going to be at at the coffeehouse except to give lessons. But as much as that saddens me, if he thinks it's time for him to move on I have to support him, you know?

But there's this other thing, it's…you know, it seems like there's just this sadness now in everything I do. It's just lurking in the shadows, you know what I mean? And I think that's part of what they call clinical depression.

Which you can get help for…

I know and I have and I still do, in the form of medication. And I am very thankful for that, believe me. 

So I don't know just how much of a concern this is. It's just there and it separates me from what is really going on.

Well, farmboy, I do think it's a concern. It obviously bothers you.

Yeah, it does. I don't know, man, I always think I'm standing still when the truth is that I'm always in transition. You think I'd know everything by now.

But, yeah, it was a good night. There was a real community and I was part of it, no matter how hard I try to deny it.


No comments:

Post a Comment