Thursday, February 5, 2015

"You better not be going anywhere."


My stepmother passed away yesterday. I told you about her, remember?

I remember. I'm so sorry for your loss, farmboy. I know it's a cliché…

Thanks, man. I fucking hate illness and death and all that shit. I loved my stepmother -- I still love my stepmother -- and I don't like that she's not here with us. 

I hate losing people, too, farmboy.

It just fuckin' sucks, man. It's the worst. 

There's this series of Calvin and Hobbes comic strips where Calvin finds a raccoon that's hurt, and his mother tries to save it. Anyway, the raccoon dies. At night, Calvin is talking to Hobbes and at the end of the conversation Calvin says to Hobbes "You better not be going anywhere."

I think I've seen that comic strip.

Yeah? Well, that's the way I feel about you right now.

I'm not going anywhere, farmboy.

Good.


No comments:

Post a Comment