Monday, February 23, 2015

It's, as they say, fuckin' good for me


So I was making this curry-coconut milk thing with toasted garbanzo beans, and I needed to get it in the tupperware 'cause I was going out to see my songwriter pals…

Wait! Sorry to interrupt you, farmboy, but did I just hear you say that you went out?

Yeah.

To see friends?

Uh, yeah.

Well, aren't you Mr. Social.

Fuck off, asshole.

Ooooh, testy…

What the fuck's up, man? 

This is not a criticism, this is just an observation.

Which means it's criticism.

No, this is positive. What I've seen is that you've been going out lately. I can think of three instances where you went out for music.

Yeah, well, that's all on purpose, man. I think I'm happier if I have some contact with the outside world. Anyway, it's pretty cool so far. It's, as they say, fuckin' good for me.

I'm glad to see it, farmboy. You need to have friends.

I have friends.

You might want to try contacting them more often...

Yeah, and fuck off, needle nose.

I'm sorry, farmboy. I didn't mean for it to come out that way. I just think that it's good that you're getting out. 

Yeah, me too.  It feels like a good decision, this going out more. So far I'm comfortable doing it. I'm hoping I'll do more. Maybe I'll even start performing more.

Recording would be good, too.

I would love to, but first I need to write songs.

Which is what you do.

I try, man.


No comments:

Post a Comment