Thursday, February 26, 2015

Payday


Man, I tell you, I can't fuckin' wait for tomorrow.

Why is that, farmboy? As if I didn't already know…

Yeah, it's easy to figure tout because it's Friday. But it's also payday!

Payday is always good.

You know, payday for me is really just about the illusion that I have money. 'Cause I really don't, you know. I got all these fuckin' bills to pay, I got rent, I got groceries. 

I'm glad that you pay those things, farmboy. A lot of people don't. Really, if you look at everything, you're really very responsible.

Well, it's a lot of work, I tell you what. It's fear that drives me in that way. I'm afraid of the consequences.

Which is fine as long as you're not overly afraid.

So fuckin' true, man, I tell you. I hate it when fear rules over my life. That's the way it's always been. I hope that ends someday. I've been working on that forever.

But, back to payday, I always feel a sense of accomplishment after I pay bills and rent and shit. I feel like, well, at least I'm taking care of myself.  

And then you go and do something musical.

Well, really, that's what all of this is for. And it's worth it as long as I can make noises and write stories that I like. 

Songwriting.

That's it, man. That's my reason for being in this world.


No comments:

Post a Comment