Sunday, February 15, 2015

Paper on a music stand


So I'm playing a show tonight. It's an appreciation concert for my friend Richard from the coffeehouse, and I was asked to play.

Is that what your new song's for, farmboy?

Yeah. Ain't nothing like writing with a deadline, man. Actually, strike that. Ain't nothing like memorizing a new song. It's so fuckin' hard for me. It causes me so much stress. I mean, I can barely remember the words to my old songs, you know?

I've got some advice for you, farmboy.

Yeah? Good. What is it.

Just relax when you're up there on stage, Will you have the words with you?

I will, yeah. I hate doing that but it's better than just blanking out.


You've practiced the song quite a bit, farmboy. You'll be fine. I bet you'll just be using it as a reference.

That's what I'm hoping. I really don't want to go up there and stare at pieces of paper on a music stand.

I don't think that you have anything to worry about, farmboy. It's a good song and it's going to mean a lot to your friend.

That's what I'm hoping. I'm proud of the song and I just want it to go well so Richard can hopefully enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment