Monday, March 30, 2015

A whatever-you-create thing


So I did go out yesterday to see my friends.

How was it, farmboy? Did you have fun?

It was good. It felt good to sit outside and discuss stuff and show each other what we're working on. It's changed from being a songwriter thing to a whatever-you-create thing. Which I like. Three people read poetry, one did a cover of a Neil Young tune…

Which one?

"Ohio."

I love that song.

Me too. She did it in this cool open tuning.

Another person showed these cool artistic-looking tea…cozies? I've never heard of them. But they were great, colorful and textured. I really respect and admire visual artists. I can't paint or draw a fuckin' thing.

But you write songs.

Yep, I write songs. And I played one yesterday called "Seems Like Yesterday." I'm still working on it. They liked it, though.

I think it's a really good thing to go out and see friends, farmboy.

Yeah, it is. I'm gonna have to do it more often now that I know I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment