Sunday, February 19, 2023

no need to pretend (rewrite 1)


let me tell you
what it will be
the best of luck
for you and me
in our lifetimes
we will see
the answer to our dreams
all our great plans
are coming true
they're waiting here
for me and you
I can't wait to tell you
all the news
we're going to extremes

          the doors are open
          while we keep hoping
          that life will let us in
          days march by
          but still we try
          over and over again
          like there's no need to pretend

can you tell me
what lies in store
beyond the border
of my front door
it may not matter
anymore
but it's important to me
both of us
got a lucky break
I know it's there
for us to take
being alive
is not a mistake
how can I help you see?

          there's reason and rhyme
          but now it's time
          for our lives to begin
          as days pass by
          in hope we cry
          it's time to let us in
          there's no need to pretend


No comments:

Post a Comment