Tuesday, February 21, 2023

run and hide


I like these days when nothing happens
and I can stay in bed
and not be afraid of the choices I made
and the day that lies ahead
I'm always worried about something
so I choose to stay inside
where safety can be exciting to me
and I don't have to run and hide

all of my life I've been a dreamer
reality is not my friend
the answer for me lies in fantasy
I know I can always pretend
real life is too much for me
believe me, I've tried
I always have faith in being safe
and I don't have to run and hide

          I'm dreading the coming tomorrow 
          I'm saving myself from today
          isolation is what I'll borrow
          to keep the demons away

maybe somebody can help me
in this battle with myself
somebody who might have a clue
to make me into someone else
now I'll put myself in the corner
and wait till the panic subsides
and here I will stay until there comes a day
where I won't have to run and hide


No comments:

Post a Comment