Friday, February 17, 2023

the troubled life


I'm having one of those days
where everything goes wrong
I don't know why I'm surprised
I should have known it all along
my teeth hurt, my head aches
and my good luck's turned bad
and bad luck is the only friend
that I've ever had

          what can I do?
          gather up my playthings
          and run back home to you
          I don't think so
          the troubled life is the only life I know

I want to go back to bed
and hide under the covers
and dream of days that came before
with assorted friends and lovers
but responsibility calls
I answer without thinking
I need to find a new way out
maybe I'll start drinking

          what can I say?
          should I try again tomorrow
          or is it just another day?
          I don't think so
          the troubled life will never go away

someday the sun will shine again
and I'll turn myself around
to face a world where everything
is dressed in safe and sound
but for now I'll standing still
while the world spins around me
maybe you can rescue me
I'm so glad you found me

          where can I go?
          should I change my appearance
          and be someone who won't show?
          I don't think so
          the troubled life's the only life I know
          

No comments:

Post a Comment