Monday, February 13, 2023

someone else's problems


I need to look at
someone else's problems
my mind's too set on
watching my own
I see my mind's puzzles
and I try to solve them
so I don't acknowledge
what I've never known

out on the street
other people have troubles
with money and family
and God knows what else
here I live alone
safe in my little bubble
thinking too much
about saving myself

          someone else's problems
          are just as important than mine
          to be so self-centered
          should be a crime

in tents on the sidewalk
some people are living
other people are so lonely
it swallows them whole
life in this world
is so unforgiving
it jangles your senses
and pierces your soul

          someone else's problems
          make mine look so small
          still I keep trying
          to make sense of it all

so today I will think about
someone else's problems
and I will tell myself
there's nothing I can do
yet a whole lot of people
are trying to dissolve them
the excuses I make
none of them are true


No comments:

Post a Comment