Saturday, February 11, 2023

with every newborn day


all his thoughts are circling
like bees inside his brain
every thought is different
but still, they're all the same
so he searches and he finds
a qualified therapist
who listens to him and says
"listen, I'll take care of this"

so he goes twice a week
like the doctor says he should
he bemoans his wretched life
his fucked-up childhood
and he's making progress
he can tell with every session
but still he can't control
his mind-numbing depression

          he says "can you help me
          sadness just won't let me be
          I keep trying but I'm sensing
          a disease inside of me"
          it strikes like a virus
          there must be another way
          but he always keeps on trying
          with every newborn day
          

No comments:

Post a Comment