Monday, March 25, 2013

Could make for a good song, you know?


Just checking in, man. 

What have you been up to, farmboy?

Been writing, been babysitting my niece, who's gonna be seven in July. She's great, you know. It's weird -- children make me sad, not for them but for...I don't know...

Yourself? Your childhood?

You'd think it would be so easy, but it's more fuckin' complicated than that. I need to get in kind of a safe place, emotionally speaking, and examine that, explore it. Could make for a good song, you know?

I'm sure it would, farmboy. I'm glad to hear that you've been writing.

Yeah, it's interesting. So much of songwriting is just getting out of your own fuckin' way. I feel like I have to give myself permission to write fictional songs sometimes, which is just fuckin' stupid.Shit like that.

But I'm writing. And writing, my friend, trumps fuckin' everything else.


No comments:

Post a Comment