Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Today I am a winner


In my email this morning I received an mp3 by this folk/bluegrassy type duo from Kentucky. They recorded one of my songs for their new album and they sent it to me!

How is it, farmboy?

It's so fuckin' great, man. It's got mandolin and fiddle and guitar and bass and harmony...fuck, it's just so great! You know, at those times that I have every day when I'm feeling kinda blue, I would think to myself "This ain't no ordinary day, boy. This is the day you heard your song done by someone other than yourself.

That's wonderful, farmboy. That means they liked the song enough to record it and that other people will hear it.

Yeah, ain't that fuckin' something, man! It makes me feel really fuckin' good. You know, today I am a winner.

I'm glad to hear you say that.

Believe me, I'm glad to say it.


No comments:

Post a Comment