Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The highlight of my day


Boy, I tell you, man, it's not that I'm super-depressed or anything. I'm mainly just waiting for this stupid injuring-my-leg thing to be over. I'm fuckin' ready, man. I mean, not only is there this fuckin' physical pain involved but the drugs I'm taking have these side effects like nausea and the whole thing is just a drag that's dragged on now for over a week. And I know that it ain't nothing, but I just want to move on.

And you will, farmboy. It's a fact, which I'm sure you know. You're a smart guy. When do you go to the doctor next?

Tomorrow after work.

So you're back at work, eh?

Yeah. It beats laying around the house thinking about how much I'm hurting. I mean, you can't sleep forever and sleeping seems to be the highlight of my day lately.

But, you know, I'm not depressed. This is just everyday living stuff that happens, man.

It's good that you know that, farmboy. How long until you go to bed?

Oh, an hour or two. I'm gonna take some pain meds. That'll help me fall asleep. Then I'll wake up and go to work. But in the meantime I'll be in bed. One of my favorite places, you know.

Me too. Especially on weekends.

Yeah, that's the best. When you can drink coffee at midnight and stay up and smoke weed and go to bed at, say, three or four in the morning.

And you can get up whenever you want.

That's so great. I don't know if there's any time that's better than Friday night or Saturday morning.

Now you've got something to look forward to, farmboy.

I do! Now I just have to get through the rest of the week first...


No comments:

Post a Comment