Tuesday, June 4, 2013

By myself in a Greyhound bus


Hey, man, thought I'd check in.

Hey, farmboy. I've been wondering where you went.

I've been writing a lot. I'm not sure what I've got but I've got stuff I can at least check over to see if there's anything I can fuckin' work with.

Volume.

Volume. I've got a fuckin' truckload full of stuff. Not literally, I mean...

I know what you mean. That can be a good place to work from. Explore what you've been writing. There may be some good work in there.

I'm hoping so. If nothing else, I like that writing has become a kind of discipline for me. It helps me to take myself and my goals seriously. Otherwise I'll just fuckin' dump on them all the time. And that's no good, you know? 'Cause I know that I'm capable of accomplishing some good things. I know this. I wouldn't have moved to Texas or recorded CDs or travelled across the United States and Canada by myself in a Greyhound bus. It takes...well, it takes something to do that stuff. I mean, not that it's all that great, but for me...

You know, your writing might lead you places someday, farmboy.

God, I hope so. But if it doesn't I would still feel privileged to be able to be creative in music. That's the important thing for me to remember. Just by living a life in music, it's like I won the big door prize, you know?


No comments:

Post a Comment