Monday, June 24, 2013

Spankin' the banjo


Man, I am so fuckin' sorry. I'm just becoming an asshole, a worse and worse friend. Here I have all the fuckin' time in the world and I isolate myself and don't see no one, well, fuck, man, I apologize. I am so sorry...

Whoa, farmboy! To use your verbal style, what the fuck is going on? Where is this coming from?

I just feel bad 'cause I haven't been around and I've barely talked to anybody since school let out. I've been smoking weed and hanging out on the internet and shit. 

I have, however, also been playing guitar, exercising, and writing. A lot of writing, man. 

Excellent, Smithers.

Who the fuck is "Smithers?"

On "The Simpsons."

Oh, yeah. I know him.

Anyway, I've been writing quite a bit. I still don't have a completed song I like, though.

Are you going back and looking at what you've written, farmboy?

No. And I need to. I don't know why I resist it. Except for maybe the fear that I haven't written anything worthwhile, you know?

I can imagine.

I'm gonna have to make myself look over that stuff. I'll never know what I have and don't have   if I don't look at it.

There could be something really good in there, farmboy. Or something that inspires something else.

Yeah, I like to think of it as stealing from myself. Musical masturbation. Spankin' the banjo...

But I know what you mean, man. So I will make myself look at all that stuff.

Good. I think you may be surprised.

Maybe, dude. You never know.


No comments:

Post a Comment