Saturday, June 29, 2013

Those might-have-been moments


I'm baa-ack! Just in time for hot, hot weather with no air conditioning.

It does get pretty miserable, farmboy.

I know, man. I try to be in denial about it -- like saying it's not really hot until it reaches over 95 degrees. But the news is saying it's going to be as hot as 99 degrees. 

That's hot.

That's fuckin' hot, if you ask me. At least there's not the humidity here that there was when I lived in Austin, Texas. Even though I had air conditioning in Austin. You kind of have to have it when you live in Texas.

I still love Austin, though. What a great city! 

I've heard that. Austin has an amazing reputation.

Oh, man, the smartest thing I ever did -- other than write songs and play guitar -- was move to Austin. 

Not that it's bad here in the Pacific Northwest. But, still, if I had to choose, Austin is a better city. I'm sure it's better than most cities, actually.

Do you regret moving here, farmboy?

Oh, no, because I have met some great people and made great friends here -- as I did in Austin. Also, there's my brother and his wife and my niece. 

It's life, you know. You never know what goes on in those might-have-been moments. It's just good to fuckin' be alive sometimes, you know?


No comments:

Post a Comment