Saturday, August 24, 2013

I need some new blood


So I've been writing this new song, man...

That's good news.

Yeah, I suppose it is. It's probably always good to be working on something, you know, instead of just fuckin' waiting all the time for inspiration to strike.

I love that terminology. "Strike."

I know, right? It's like lightning. It's violent and you can't do anything about it. And, I dunno, I think inspiration could be like that sometimes, but you gotta be careful not to romanticize creativity in general. It's dramatic enough as it is, you don't need to...embellish it.

Creativity is certainly a mystery, though. I just want to do it justice when I talk about it. And I want to do it more than I want to talk about it.

Tell me about your new song, farmboy.

Well, I've been writing a verse a day, or close to every day. I'm gonna do this until it plays out. At certain points I'll look over things and rewrite and edit.

This is an experiment. It may not be any good, or it may be good, I don't don't know. It may not be the right process for this song. We'll see, right?

Right. I'm looking forward to hearing this new song, farmboy.

Me too. I need some new blood. You know, new songs to sing. I wanna be really fuckin' good, man. I mean, I'm fuckin' hungry for it, to show myself and others that I have just as much a right to be in that songwriting world as others.

I'm not sure what you mean...

I'm not sure what I mean, either. So let's just say I want to write the best songs I can and I want them to be fuckin' great. (laughs)  That's all I ask for, man. 


No comments:

Post a Comment