Monday, April 21, 2014

I ain't weak no more (full song draft)


I can do it
I know I can
I ain't been lazy
I been making plans
I can do 
what I couldn't do before
nothing to it
say amen
I got a helping hand to lend
I tell you, friend, 
I ain't weak no more

yesterday
is dead and gone
today's the day
I'm moving on
tomorrow
is knocking at my door
first one step
and then the other
I got one thing 
to tell you, brother
I've discovered
I ain't weak no more

all that time believing
I could not be strong
maybe I've been deceiving
myself all along

I'm as strong
as I can be
trouble stay
away from me
yes-sir-ee
I'm more than you bargained for
trouble keep
your mouth shut
the truth is gonna
kick your butt
I tell you what
I ain't weak no more

all that time I wasted
thinking that I wasn't strong
I've never been so happy
to find out I was wrong

snap your fingers
clap your hands
even better
than you planned
spic 'n span, man,
that you can't ignore
after all
you put me through
I know what I
am gonna do
I'm telling you
I ain't weak no more
you know it's true
I ain't weak no more


No comments:

Post a Comment