Saturday, April 19, 2014

that ain't me


I have to move my feet
I need to change my thoughts
I want to turn myself
into someone I'm not
I want to fly 
high
like an eagle in the sky
but it's someone else
it's that other guy
I need to be myself
but I just can't be
'cause that ain't me

I should be married now
I need to save some cash
start writing hits
instead of writing trash
I want to begin
to win
with a new attitude
but it's someone else
it's another dude
I need to protect 
my dignity
and that ain't me

          what am I gonna do?
          I'm so unhappy
          'cause I'm not you

I should do magic now
pull out the tablecloth
a caterpillar grows
into a gypsy moth
I want to start 
my heart
give society the finger
but it's someone else
it's that other singer
the one who always
sings on key
but that ain't me
I look into the mirror
and disagree
that ain't me
go find somebody else
and please just let me be
that ain't me
that ain't me


No comments:

Post a Comment