Thursday, April 24, 2014

The parking lot at Walgreens


I am so fuckin' tired right now, man. I'm always so fuckin' exhausted when I get home from work. I mean, I could fall asleep right now, but I can't because I have to go somewhere in about an hour.

Where are you going, farmboy?

Well…if you gotta know, I'm going to the parking lot at Walgreens where I'm meeting a friend of mine who's gonna sell me some weed.

That'll be good, right? That should make your night better, shouldn't it?

Oh, it will, you better believe me. I can't wait.

And speaking of can't-waiting, tomorrow is Friday and then it's the weekend and I can kinda let myself be myself. Of course, it's the last weekend of the month and I don't have much money. But I'm giving a guitar lesson Saturday so that'll bring in some cash. Which I will definitely need -- my gas tank is heading toward empty.

How are you paying for the marijuana then?

He's actually fronting me the weed until I get paid next week. I hate doing that, but…damn, you know, there just isn't a lot of happiness in my life. I feel sometimes like all I do is worry and that I have no control over my own life. You gotta have something, you know. I mean, I have music and that's the major deal, of course. But…I don't know, man, life is hard and people are greedy and cruel. If I can't make a profit for other people then I'm basically a failure in life…

That's not true, farmboy. You're not a failure.

Well, I don't know, man. I sure ain't a success, that's for sure.

Remember, farmboy…you're a songwriter and musician and you'll never be a failure if you're working hard at your craft. It's important that you know that.

Yeah, I know. But, fuck, it would be really nice if I got some kind of break, musically speaking. I would like to not work so much in a vacuum. I'd like people to hear my songs, I'd like to perform, record, all that stuff. I just want to not be so fuckin' lonely all the time. Is that too much to ask? 


No comments:

Post a Comment