Saturday, July 27, 2019

dear doctor tucker


dear doctor tucker
I'm writing you this letter
to tell you how I'm feeling today
I was sorta hoping
I might be somewhat better
but the world isn't treating me that way
my spirit's gone and there's no hope in sight
I should be out on the town on this Saturday night
but here I sit at home
as always, all alone

dear doctor tucker
nobody wants me
to be anything like a friend
the memories of
my old friends still haunt me
my relationships are all at an end
there's nobody I could be talking to
there's no social function that I can do
if I had a soul, I'd be playing the blues
but I'm not much of a human being
I doubt that you'd know what I mean

dear doctor tucker
our time's almost done
fifty minutes can go by so fast
thanks for your help
feels like we've just begun
I don't know if I'm up to the task
but there's no denying
that I'll keep on trying
mental illness is lying
I'll take what you taught
and work out some plot
so I can go on with the story
I'm thinking it's true
it has something to do
with the journey that's laid out before me


No comments:

Post a Comment