Wednesday, July 31, 2019

I'm a writing machine


Well, man, I finally wrote a song that I like. It sure took a while.

I'm so glad you're not impatient, farmboy. 

Sarcasm does not become you.

Does this new song have a name?

Yeah. It's called "Someone I Thought I Loved." I'm very happy with the melody and the music. The lyrics, I will have to look over that, but I've worked on it a bit and it's getting there, slowly but surely. It's also fictional, which is fine, but I would like to find whatever ways I can relate to it personally.

You wrote it. I'm sure you relate to it in some way. You know, the subconscious and all that psychological stuff. There's something already in there, I'm sure. 

Anything else brewing in the brain and heart of yours?

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves. I just keep working and I just keep on writing. I'm a writing machine, man, with all these words and thoughts and sentences pouring out of me. It's the only way I know as far as getting stuff to work on. I just write and write and write. Every fuckin' day, man.

And it's always paid off. I know it's frustrating, farmboy, but you've written some very good songs in the past few years.

Now if someone would just listen to them.

That must be frustrating.

Oh, it is, it really is. It's so fucking hard writing in a vacuum, you know? With no feedback or anything. It's sad to say this, but I need some attention. From somebody. I'm not talking about bookers or media or any of that shit. I'm talking about a fuckin' audience. I miss having an audience, I miss somebody listening to my songs. I'm being overdramatic, I know, but those songs are my fuckin' life.

How do you get an audience, farmboy?

Beats me. If I knew, I'd have one.


No comments:

Post a Comment