Wednesday, July 17, 2019

invisible (I maybe)


I maybe should have been 
extremely into heroin
then maybe somebody
would have paid attention to me
I maybe should have known
this world ain't my home
it's something maybe someone
should have mentioned to me
but here I am
too many words
too many nights
feeling disturbed
from what I see
what I observe
I'm invisible

I maybe should have seen
that as a human being
this world ain't made for me
it belongs to someone else
I maybe should have learned
hope only gets you burned
standing too close to the flame
I've discovered inside myself
but here I am
too many thoughts
torture my soul
more often than not
all that I have
is all that I got
I'm invisible

I maybe should have asked
for help with this task
for all my ten-cent words
I can't do this alone
I maybe should have seen
there ain't no in between
just wrong directions
on my journey back home
and here I am
too many dreams
and I am poor
no man of means
am I a man
or am I a machine
I'm invisible


No comments:

Post a Comment