Monday, July 15, 2019

hourglass


I have spent my entire life
trying to make time run faster
I am so impatient
nothing is ever on time
I'm ready for the evening
when it's the morning after
a long night of drinking
trying to kill time

but now they need to slow down
these days of life untasted
the memories of history
that have crumbled in my hand
I think I need to make up for
all the time I've wasted 
how fast this life is going
I do not understand

          so for now I'll just breathe
          let out a heavy sigh
          the end of my journey
          is surely stopping by
          to take me to places
          a human can miss
          It's a high price to pay
          when you cease to exist

please hold me tonight
take hold of my hand
ease my mind 
be my best friend
the hourglass is almost finished
it's running out of sand
just hold me close
until the very end


No comments:

Post a Comment