Thursday, May 19, 2022

better than okay (rewrite 1)


I walked out this morning
to see the sun rise
up over the mountains
and into my eyes
and I stood there in silence
as I started the day
surprised to be feeling
better than okay

the golden light shone bright
and washed up over me
bringing us the morning
for our tired eyes to see
it was far too cold to be there
but I stood up anyway
surrounded by the sunshine
feeling better than okay

why do I worry
about where the day will go
when everything is peaceful
for how long, I don't know
the house may call me in
but I will disobey
I'd rather stand here in the cold
better than okay

I continued my day
I went back inside
but this time I didn't
go to bed and hide
I sat there in silence
with nothing to say
believing I'm feeling
better than okay


No comments:

Post a Comment