Friday, May 27, 2022

enough


I don't need you to have money
I don't need you to have fame
I don't need you to be funny
I don't need this to be a game
all I need from you is safety
and the feeling of being love
as long as you're beside me
I know that it's enough

people say I'm crazy
looking for a love that's true
but their reasoning is hazy
I just need to be with you
you know how to calm me
when the going's getting rough
as long as you're beside me
I know that it's enough

          people holler everywhere I turn
          everybody tells me what to do
          through it all, the main thing I have learned
          is that it's right being with you

all my life I've been lonely
wishing on a falling star
I am living for you only
you're perfect just the way you are
I feel strong when I'm with you
I know the road of life is tough
but as long as you're beside me
I know that it's enough


No comments:

Post a Comment