Wednesday, May 4, 2022

I don't have memories


I don't have memories
they've been taken away from me
the life that I lived as a boy
has done its best to be destroyed
I'm not sure what to make of this
I've talked to doctors and therapists
I've done my best to carry on
but those memories are dead and gone

I don't remember much
not a loving word or a human touch
I don't know the bad, I've forgotten the good
the old times of my neighborhood
people talk to me of innocent times
I nod my head like it's all fine
I know my brain has work to do
I miss the days I never knew

          where are the times that I once lived
          why won't they enter my mind
          is there a reason that I should forgive
          something I can't find
          
I will go on my way
ain't no use looking for yesterday
now the days are moving fast
more hopes and dreams that just won't last
you tell your stories of childhood fun
I'd tell them too, but I have none
what the hell happened to me
I don't have memories

 

No comments:

Post a Comment