Saturday, May 14, 2022

my cigarette days


I wish I still smoked
I wish I still drank
I wish I still had
money in the bank
you should have seen me
through the nicotine haze
I was quite something
in my cigarette days

I canvassed the avenue
late in the night
looking for something
to not turn out right
I started out common
and turned out amazed
life had purpose
in my cigarette days

          good and bad luck follow me
          everywhere I go
          I thought I would live forever
          shows how much I know

you might think me crazy
you might think me brave
you might think I was born
to misbehave
but where others found caution
I was unafraid
I was the man
in my cigarette days

now I've quit smoking
booze won't touch my lips
no world is waiting
at my fingertips
I should be disappointed
instead I feel okay
but sometimes I miss
my cigarette days


No comments:

Post a Comment