Thursday, May 5, 2022

worry


I've got nothing to do today
so I'll worry my life away
I'll devote each day and night
to whatever's not going right
what I don't want to find
is growing inside my mind
I don't know what's in store
so I'll worry some more

I worry about near and far
I worry about the world at large
I worry about what I'm about
I worry about my bank account
I worry about being strange 
I worry about climate change
I worry about that and worry about this
I think I need a therapist

          maybe I could change my mind
          think about something else
          but when I do I always find
          I just worry about myself

just when I think I'm free at last
I start worrying about my past
and when all that is done
I worry about the days to come
even if the worrying should cease
I doubt that I'll be at peace
'cause I know that something's wrong
so I worry on and on

someday I'll be set free
no more worrying for me
but till that day, I live in fear
my worrying will not disappear
I'll worry till the day I die
funny thing is, I don't know why
I know I'll never be free
worrying's just a part of me


No comments:

Post a Comment